Take a look at our Smile Transformations!
A Smile Makeover is the process of improving the appearance of the smile through one or more cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as dental veneers, composite bonding, dental implants, and teeth whitening. Essentially, a smile makeover is something that you choose to have performed while a full mouth reconstruction is something that you need to have performed.
Smile Makeover Considerations
A smile makeover takes into consideration your facial appearance, skin tone, hair color, teeth (color, width, length, shape and tooth display), gum tissue and lips to develop your ideal smile. Smile makeovers are performed for many reasons and customized according to your unique considerations.
What is it that you like or dislike about your smile or your teeth? Some aspects of your smile that your cosmetic dentist will review with you and that could be improved with a smile makeover include the following:
- Tooth Color: Silver or amalgam dental fillings can be replaced with natural, tooth-colored composite restorations while teeth whitening can improve the color of stained or dulled teeth
- Alignment and Spacing: Teeth that are crooked, overlapping or have gaps between them can be straightened and aligned when necessary through orthodontics or Invisalign and improved with veneers
- Missing Teeth: One or more missing teeth can negatively affect the appearance of your smile — as well as affect your bite and increase your risk for tooth decay — making replacement an integral part of oral health and facial aesthetics
- Harmony and Balance: Uneven, chipped and cracked teeth can be cosmetically bonded for an improved appearance, and a gummy smile can be re-contoured to help improve the overall look of the smile
- Fuller Lips, Smile, and Cheeks: An unshapely or aging face can be improved or rejuvenated with certain procedures in the smile makeover category, including orthodontics and/or oral maxillofacial surgery
Once in a while, one of our patients comes in wanting the same fabulous results of a smile makeover they’ve seen on TV- an amazing smile that’s straight, white, even, just perfect. They are usually surprised to find out just how quickly and easy a smile is transformed for them.
We’ve had patients get complete smile makeovers with crooked, chipped, broken, worn-out, missing, stained, gummy teeth and even with gaps between teeth. It doesn’t matter what problems our patients have, we can create a beautiful smile makeover for them. If you’ve thought about a smile makeover, we’d love to do it for you.